Craig Aguillard, former APMS President (left), presents Gerald Adrian, former UPL Aquatics National Sales Manager, with the President's Award at the 2019 National APMS Conference.
- A few months ago, we said farewell to Gerald Adrian, our longtime National Sales Manager, who retired after a long and very distinguished career. We know you join us in wishing Gerald a wonderful retirement (which is no doubt including a lot of fishing.)
- Gerald’s successor as National Sales Manager, Jeremy Slade, may already be familiar to you, since he’s spent the last nine years as a UPI Aquatics Accounts Manager. Jeremy got his start in aquatic plant management while earning his master’s at Mississippi State University, where he researched fisheries’ responses to herbicide application on macrophytes. After completing his degree, Jeremy became part of the aquatic plant research effort at University of Florida.
- Jeremy’s promotion opened up a sales position, were fortunate to be able to fill it with our newest team member, Dean Jones. Want to know more about Dean? You’re in luck! Check out our “quick interview” with him.
- Cody Gray was promoted to Technical Development Manager - Herbicides. We know Cody will continue to provide our customers with excellent service in his new role.
- Clyde Smith moved from UPL Field Development to replace Cody as Aquatics Technical Development Manager. Clyde holds a master’s degree from Mississippi State University in weed science. His broad work background includes experience in row crop, forestry, and aquatics in both industry and university settings.
- And let’s not forget that our veterans — Craig Smith (Pacific Northwest), Cory Greer (Southwest), Jacob Meganck (Midwest), and Justin Nawrocki (East Coast) — continue to provide expert support to the aquatic plant management community regionally and nationally.
The UPL Aquatics team is dedicated to providing science-based solutions to aquatic plant management programs across the country. We’re always working on innovative ways to offer the most effective and economical products to control your aquatic weed and algae problems. Please reach out to your UPL territory representative to discuss how we can help you through one-on-one discussions or group training.